Located near Bryce Canyon National Park, the area shares some similar geological similarities. The area is painted with unique rock formations and Ponderosa Pines. Many trails for hiking, backpacking, cycling, and horseback riding exist for optimum exploration of the canyon. A new visitor center and scenic byway information kiosk provide travellers with all the information about Red Canyon that is needed to enjoy their beautiful surroundings.
Several, well-maintained trails, including:
- The Birds Eye Trial - .8 mile hike showcasing the area's magnificent scenery and unique, vermillion-colored rock formations
- Losee Canyon Trail - 3-mile slightly rugged hike that offers a look at some of the Red Canyon area’s “crown jewels”
- Casto Canyon Trail - off-highway vehicles (OVHs) are permitted on this trail
- five popular trails are accessible from the Red Canyon Trailhead Kiosk, a short drive from the visitor center, and can be used for biking and horses as well
- Several less-populated trails exist as well, and offer pristine views of the beautiful area
Located along Scenic Highway 12, just outside the town of Panguitch, UT.
Travel and Vacation Itineraries for this area